Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

Hello everyone, its been a while since we updated this. I don't have any pictures to post today but when we get our household goods in a few weeks with the cable to connect the camera, we'll add some pictures.

Leave was great, spent a lot of time on the desert treasure hunting, 4-wheeling through the mud and snow in the mountains, checking out dinasaur footprints and indian writings. We want to thank Mike and Megan for allowing us to stay in their home the last couple days before we flew so we didn't have to drive so many miles.

Mike sold the truck for our asking price about 3 or 4 days after we posted it for sale on the internet. We are down to 1 vehicle now but are looking forward to saving up a pretty good size down payment and getting a new truck we can all fit into with the car seats for the kids when we get back.

We signed for housing yesterday and they are delivering some temporary furniture tomorrow so we can move in this weekend. I also passed my drivers test yesterday so my sponsor is taking me over to Mannheim to try to get our vehicle today. This afternoon, we will be registering the kids with Child Youth Services, Kindergarten, and Daycare while we finish up our inprocessing. We have to put the kids in daycare a couple days while Darla attends some of the same classes I will be attending.

I found out I'll be working in ITSA (Information Technology Support Activity) at least initially.

We'll let you go for now, we won't have internet access for a few days but once we get it up and running, we will start posting more to help you keep up with our European Vacation.

No comments: